After our five day stay in the hospital (St. Vincent's Resort and Casino as the Hadley Moynihans refer to it), we were given the green light to take you home on April 5th! We gathered our stuff together while the nurses and doctors did final checks on you and Mom, I took a load of stuff out to the car and then we put you in your adorable "coming home" outfit. You started screaming from the moment we changed you to the moment we got you out of the room owing to discomfort with your first footed outfit and first experience in a car seat. This screaming spanned several minutes but I'm sure it was a lifetime to your mother as I had to run out of the hospital, get the car and park it near the entrance. Once I got back and was able to swing you in your carrier, however, you calmed right down and remained that way during your first car ride. Neither Mom nor I could entirely believe that we were taking you home!
| Your first time on your changing table. You are also digitally indicating how many days old you were. So smart! |
| Testing your new chair also known as the Fisher-Price Mom's and Dad's Backsaver |
| Your lovely godmother and you in your first official portrait |
On that Sunday, we kept it quiet save for a quick visit from Nana, Papa, Uncle Pat and your Great Great Uncle Bob (who is Papa's uncle and my godfather). Uncle Bob was visiting for Great Grandma's 80th birthday so stopped by to say hi. It was nice to see him and I know he liked seeing you! We had a restful remainder of the day in preparation for the following day when we made our first visit to your pediatrician, Dr. Kelliher. You did great at the doctor's office and only cried when you were stripped and put on a metal scale and then again when I jammed you into your car seat. After the doctor's appointment, you fell asleep in the car so we took a leisurely drive around Holden to let you rest. It was a beautiful day so Mom and I enjoyed the drive and talked about how wonderful you are.
| Your new play mat. As opposed to your "old" play mat which was Mom's uterus. |
I was able to stay home with you and Mom until Wednesday but Grandma came to stay for Thursday and Friday to help take care of Mom and you. Mom and I feel so lucky to have you home with us and so lucky to have the wonderful network of support that our family and friends comprise. As you grow more and more alert, we hope you love our home and your room. We can't wait for all the memories that our family will share at Dempsey Junction.
Love,
Dad
Love,
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment