We're in the home stretch now. Just about two weeks until your due date. You could be early or you could be late but, either way, you're almost here! Mom went to the doctor last Thursday to get her lady parts checked out and check on your progress. Everything is looking good and you weigh almost eight pounds. That seems so big when thinking about you in Mom's belly but so small when thinking about you in the real world. We got some new ultrasound pictures but they are not very good because you are so cramped and crowded inside your mother's belly. We can just make out your little face in the pictures. I think you may look like your mother and, given that I am rather fond of your mother, that's alright by me! Only time will tell.
![]() |
| Any thing titled, "The Final Countdown" must contain this picture. I'll explain when you're older |
Not much else has been going on since I last wrote to you. We had another big snow storm this past Friday and our town got the most snow in Massachusetts. 24.4 inches! Fortunately, Mom procured the services of the plow guy again so my back will live to fight another day. On Saturday, Grandpa visited after teaching in Rhode Island so we had lunch with him and chatted about how soon you will be here. Then Mom and I went shopping to get all the last minute things we'll need for your arrival. We don't need to do much more for your arrival except go through the delivery process and I hear that's the easy part (Mom is going to punch me for saying that).
| You, Mom and a whole lotta snow |
We are both very anxious, eager, nervous and excited all at the same time. Neither of us have any idea of what to expect but that doesn't stop us from fantasizing about what our lives will be like with you. Your mom can't wait to be not pregnant mostly because she can't wait to hold you but also because she is tired of being pregnant! She's carrying around a lot of weight which is uncomfortable in general but she's also been experiencing heartburn and just suffered through a cold. She'll be the first to tell you that it's all worth it though. I've been doing whatever I can to help her out but I hurt my knee at soccer last night so I'm hoping it's not too bad. The ability to walk and stand is supposedly a helpful thing for a new parent.
![]() |
| Flamingos can parent on one leg but their job mostly consists of barfing in their offspring's mouth |
When you are older you will learn of the wonders of the Holyoke St. Patrick's Day parade, which is this coming Sunday. We will not be in attendance this year because the tens of thousands of people who makeup the crowd will be too much for your mother (and for me if my knee doesn't heal up) but we will be going to the road race which is held the day before on Saturday. Mom's cousins, Maggie and Andrew will be running the race and it goes right past Grandma's and Grandpa's house so we will get to cheer them on! We can't wait for you to come but hopefully you will not choose Saturday as we'll be quite a ways away from the hospital. You and your pre-natal brethren tend to come when you want to come though!
![]() |
| Ten years ago, your mom was the Grand Colleen of the Holyoke parade in addition to being super cute |
It's possible that between preparing for you and Uncle PJ's and my upcoming fantasy baseball draft that there won't be much time to write which means that the next entry could be celebrating your birth! It's almost time...
Love,
Dad



No comments:
Post a Comment