Wednesday, February 27, 2013

March births bring February showers

Hi my baby boy, 

This past Saturday Nana threw a "fun size" shower for your mother and I at Great Grandma's house. In attendance were the Sherry aunts and the Dempsey aunts (sans Laura) as well as my cousin Kevin's wife, Terry, my cousins Emma and Malikkah, and Malikkah's beautiful daughter, Alanna. Great Grandpa was there as well but he was hiding in his bedroom while watching golf. Nana, Aunt Dree, Aunt Janice and Great Grandma made some delicious treats and wonderful decorations for the party. A good time was had by all!

The centerpiece and pacifier decorations created by your crafty Nana
Your mom and I received many nice outfits, books, toys and baby supplies on your behalf and we now have almost everything we need for your arrival. A particular favorite of mine were the Batman and Joker toys we received from both Aunt Dree and the Dempsey Aunts & Malikkah. We returned one set and got a set of Batgirl and Wonder Woman toys; it is never too early to learn about gender equality. Great Grandma and Great Great Grandma made some lovely knitted/crotchet outfits in which Mom and I are fairly certain you will look adorable plus some cozy blankets for you as well. We got lots of baby supplies to keep you clean and happy each day and some fun books & toys as well. 

Me, Mom and Malikkah
After everyone was full of food and the gifts had been opened, Mom, Nana, Emma and I went to Babies 'R' Us to return some duplicate items that we had received over recent weeks. We were then able to pick up some remaining items from your baby registry like bathing supplies and some outfits and, most importantly, the Batmobile toy for your little Batman figures. It's never to early to learn about fighting crime and stylish rides. At this point your poor mother was fading but she had enough energy for the four of us to go to Wegman's. Wegman's is the world's coolest supermarket and the place is huge. There really isn't much the place doesn't have so we all got treats and we even got you a book!
Next stop: ADVENTURE! I mean Wegman's and then ADVENTURE!
Perhaps one of the nicest surprises was a gift we received in absentia from one of Nana's childhood friends, Paula: a book titled "Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel". This book was a favorite of mine when I was little and it was also a favorite of Papa's when he was little. Papa had been searching his and Nana's house for a copy of the book but had no luck (he did find about a million other great books that currently call your bookshelf home). It was one of the random things in life that suggest an interconnected universe and made both your Papa and I smile. I'm sure it will be a favorite of yours as well. 

Spoiler alert: Mike Mulligan has a steam shovel
As you've been reading repeatedly through the Scooter blog, everyone that your mother and I know and love is so excited about your arrival and can't wait to meet you. We can't wait to see you in your little outfits, watch you play with your toys and read you stories. There is a Scooter Baby sized hole in Mom's and my lives and we can't wait for you to fill it!

Love, 
Bat-Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment