Monday, February 4, 2013

A letter from Nana and Papa!

Dear Wonderful Scooter Baby!

Your Dad has let us grandparents get into the act and so I would love to tell you about your Dad as a little boy.  If you can believe it, he was a serious little guy and studiously watched everything around him with incredible intent and REMEMBERED EVERYTHING.  He has a photographic memory which is incredibly and annoyingly dependable.  He was a peach of a baby, who became a very determined and planful child.  Unfortunately, flexible was not his middle name.  I used to call him, "Hope springs eternal" as in, "Is today the day I get to do whatever I want when I want??" Mostly the answer was no, so life was a little disappointing for him.  I think it had something to do with the fact he was very sure at a young age, that he was smarter than his parents.  This may well have been true, but we did teach him to laugh and have a good time and to forgive us for not allowing him to watch tv all the time, stay up late or eat whatever he wanted.  I must say, he turned out to be the most wonderful man and we are so lucky to have him in our lives.  (Note to parents-to-be:  Consistency, although tiring, pays off in the end!)
 
Pictured: a very determined, planful and SUPER child 

In like fashion, he found the most perfect woman to love and marry and we feel incredibly blessed. Your mom comes with an awesome family whom we love and count as incredible blessings in our lives.
The Dempsey-Sherry family, then and now
Your extended family on your Nana's side is…… well, extensive.  I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters.  My two brothers are MUCH older than your Nana and so we are not as close as The Sisters.   The sisters were named by your Dad, "The Crazy Aunts" and they are the most fun people you will meet.  Each of them will sign cards and letters with “YFA” indicating “Your Favorite Aunt”.  As you can see, my side of the family, although there were a lot of us, all felt we were raised as only children.  We all think we are the favorites. So play this information as you see it….Already they love you and can't wait to meet you!  Your Papa has 3 sisters who are also psyched to meet you and your Dad’s cousin has a beautiful little girl 3 years older than you are, Alanna.  We hope you will be good buds, as her Mom and your Dad were growing up.

The Crazy Aunts
You can probably tell that all of your relatives love you and you aren’t even here yet!  What a lucky kid you are, and how lucky we feel to have you “moving into” our lives.  It makes us all smile to think of you, and I know this will hold true for the rest of your life and ours!

At Disney World, apparently pretending we are from Chicago
Much love and many hugs to come,
Nana and Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment